Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Reece at 3 Months

Well, I'd had that last post going for awhile. As in, weeks. I had to update it several times, as the post date continued to move away from the events that happened. And, of course, I ended up posting it just days before Reece turned 3 months. What a mom fail. Again. Then, I nearly had it published and Chrome stopped working on my computer (that drama continues). Then, I got really sick last weekend, and I wasn't doing anything. Nothing. Couldn't even open my eyes to read on my phone. I was miserable. And so was Eric, because he had to do all of the work for both of us. Not fun for anyone!


I had to get the 2 month update published, so that I could finally write Reece's 3 month update! I still haven't been able to upload pictures from my new camera because my editing software needs to be upgraded (they get you every time with this stuff!). So, you're stuck with phone photos yet again. (But the lack of Chrome in my life makes that much more difficult than I'd like it to be.)


Anyway, we are all really enjoying Reece at this stage. Sure, he's still not sleeping through the night, but that will happen eventually, right? (If Kennedy and Cade are any indication, then, yes, it will happen eventually! I have to remember that!) He did celebrate his 3 month milestone by skipping his middle of the night feeding for the first time in his life. Quite an achievement! I am very grateful that he only needs that one feed at night, even if he does wake up 4 or 5 times most nights.


He is really enjoying his activity mat and his attention has moved (for the most part) from just his hand to actually reaching out and grabbing toys that hang over him. This keeps him entertained far longer than before. He's also much more generous with the smiles and eye contact these days, which the kids really enjoy. Tummy time is not one of Reece's favorite activities, though. In fact, he usually only lasts about a minute on his stomach, so rolling isn't in the near future. The doctor was impressed with his neck strength at his last appointment, and he spends lots of time sitting on our laps exercising his neck muscles, so I'm not too worried about tummy time.


Reece is finally starting to take longer naps which means that he's in a better mood more often. He's taking a 1 1/2-2 hour nap about once a day (when we're home at least!) He's been feeling pretty chatty lately and will lay on the floor and babble for quite awhile after he's taken a good nap and eaten. While he did laugh for the first time about 2 weeks ago, last weekend he finally repeated the act. And this time, we were able to figure out how to replicate it. It's pretty much the best sound ever!


Reece, like his brother and sister, is still a little small compared to other babies, at least in terms of weight, but he's wearing 3 month clothes at 3 months, which is a good sign. He moved into 3 month pants about a month ago when the newborn pants started to get too short. He was into 3 month pajamas before we even left the States because he's so long. He can still fit into 0-3 month shirts, but he doesn't need to because he has SO many 3 month clothes! He also has outgrown the co-sleeper and is now comfortable in his crib without it. His hair is starting to grow back in, as well. It will be nice when the hair on top of his head matches that patch on the back of his neck! His eyes are really dark, and though they haven't quite turned brown yet, I'm pretty sure that's where they're headed.


Phew! I'm now caught up for the first time in a very long time! Not that it will last long...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...