Thursday, December 5, 2013

Counting Down to Christmas Break

The busy season has officially begun around here, complete with colds to round things out. Midterm grades were due two weeks ago. Essays were due last week in my classes. My students had tests this week.


Next week are in-class essays and presentations. We also have Christmas programs next week. And then midterms. Oh my. The countdown to Christmas break is on.


I was lamenting on Instagram this morning that the only thing worse than not being able to prioritize what to grade first, is the guilt that I feel about the work that I'm not grading now. While I'm in the middle of grading tests (because I have to pass those back before midterms), I feel guilty about the fact that I'm not getting any essays done. Something's gotta give.


On top of it all, I have one of the worst colds I've ever had. Our colds this summer were miserable because it was summertime and because they lasted so long. This cold is painful, though. I don't think I've ever had so much sinus pressure in my face before. There were a few days this week where my students looked at me and said I should go home. (So did my principal, for that matter.) It was a good thing I didn't have to do much actual teaching this week.


Thankfully, I'm already feeling a bit better than I was at the beginning of the week, and everyone else seems to be fairly healthy.


There are only two more weeks of school (counting midterms, which are really short days for me!), and it will all get done...it always does!


The kids are also religiously counting down the days until my brother gets here and until Christmas Eve. It's an exciting time of year for those without deadlines looming! I suppose we should have some sort of Advent calendar going, but instead it has been good mental subtraction practice for Kennedy.


These are obviously some old pictures--there are no colorful leaves to be seen at this point in the year! It has been a warm week, though--in the mid-40s every day!


And now, I had better get back to those papers! If I feel guilt even while grading, you can imagine how I feel while blogging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...