Sunday, June 8, 2014

Kennedy's Last Day of First Grade

It's strange how this already feels like it was long ago. Certainly not less than a week ago!


The last day of school is always really crazy. Especially considering that I hadn't had a schedule or obligations with students in 4 school days due to finals, I was feeling a little harried on the last day. Such is life.


After the awards assembly and hours of yearbook signing (I don't know if I'll ever get over the fact that students here genuinely want their teachers to sign their yearbooks. They stand in line waiting. It's crazy!), I went to pick up Kennedy. She's in the blue house at school, and her house won the competitions for the year, so she had gotten to "blue house" dress up days, and we were running low on blue clothes, but she represented!


I took the kids to watch the high school talent show--these kids actually volunteer to hang out after school on the last day of school and perform or just watch their classmates perform. More craziness! Then we snuck in a few pictures and a quick lunch that Eric picked up from Starbucks for us. Finally, I was checked out by my principal and the day was over.


Our last day of school was Wednesday, and I didn't get my laptop turned in until Friday morning, but it's all done now. Now, I'm working on figuring out what to do with all of this stuff I brought home from my classroom, and trying to find places for the stuff that someone thought we needed for this new family member coming to join us. How can such a little person need so much big stuff?!


I've got a week to try to get this house organized again, pack, and clean before we take off for the summer. In one moment I think that a week sounds like way too long, and then the next moment I wonder how I'll get it all done in time! One step at a time, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...