Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Cade's Last Day of Preschool

Needless to say, it's been a busy, crazy week already, but it's all about to come to an end. Tomorrow is the last day of school (for students), and now that my room is nearly completely packed up, things are easing up a bit. Still have stuff to do, but it's not overwhelming anymore.


Cade's last day of school was on Friday, though. We were going to have to pay tuition for the entire month of June to send him this week, so we just opted out, and he's been coming to school with us instead. The collage above is him getting off the school bus on his first day of school and then his last day of school. That kid has grown in so many ways this year!


Looking back on those pictures makes me feel like I sent my baby to preschool last fall. Maybe it's the bright blond hair and the short haircut. Maybe it's the fact that those shorts were so long on him! He just looks like such a little boy.


He did so well in preschool this year. I really can't get over it. After those first couple of tough weeks, he settled right in and most days he was happy, if not excited, to go to school.


He learned to read better than I ever would have imagined this year, and he does it ALL THE TIME. He's moved on from the early reading books and is not afraid of a challenge--whether it be a chapter book or anything else he can get his hands on. Not everything comes out quite right, but I appreciate his willingness to try, and he never minds being corrected, either.


Last week, I got a call from his teacher. She was very worried about the fact that Cade was going to be leaving the school early (the Korean school year begins in February or March). She wasn't concerned about what he didn't know, though. I think she was really concerned about how much she'd miss out on his help. She made it clear that Cade is the most advanced in his class, that he has no problem comprehending new concepts, and that most of the time he helps the other kids when they are struggling with something new.


I'm pretty sure that Cade was excited about his last day of school. He was not particularly excited about having his pictures taken, though. And things got progressively worse as we went. The above picture is how it ended, but it didn't take him long to get over it.


I can't believe that a year from now we'll be going to this boy's Kindergarten graduation! Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get pictures of the girl on her last day of school tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...