Friday, August 1, 2014

Summer Overview

Well, we are back, and starting to catch up on sleep a little bit, so I suppose it's time to start getting caught up here! I'll admit that I haven't been feeling great ever since the flight--a 10 hour flight did not do this pregnant woman's back any favors. Last night I slept nine hours in a row (which also didn't help my back!), so hopefully my energy and motivation levels will improve going forward! I hadn't slept more than about 6 hours in a 24 hour period since we left on Tuesday. The kids were able to sleep in until a decent hour today, which is good news. Cade may even stop putting himself to bed between 6 and 7 o'clock in the evening!


We had a busy summer, of course, but it was far less busy than any summer we've had the past few years. Because my dad was only in WA for half of our vacation, it made it much easier for us to stay in one place for an extended period, which of course translates into much less driving for us. Eric feels like we've finally got this whole summer thing figured out.


The kids were great travelers, and having direct flights this year made our lives so much easier. We certainly did not take it for granted that this is our last year of easy travel. The kids were a big help with the luggage; it's hard to believe how far they've come since their first flight three years ago!


We had a great summer seeing friends and family, and we left feeling grateful for the close relationships that we have been able to maintain, in spite of the distance between us most of the year. We're so thankful for the friends and family that are willing to clear their busy calendars or coordinate their lives to make time for us whenever we decide to show up. Our kids were able to spend quality time with many of our family members, strengthening bonds that could easily be deteriorating at this point in their lives.


I have yet to edit any pictures from the summer, and since it hurts my back to sit in any of our chairs, I'm not sure how soon it will happen, but hopefully I'll be able to get started soon. Until then, I have phone pictures to keep you entertained. Our bags are unpacked and suitcases are put away, but I am willing to bet that if you were to open any one of our closets that things would immediately start falling out at your feet, so I still have my work cut out for me. I'd better get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...