Monday, October 20, 2014

Any day now...

No, there's still no baby...


For about the last 5 days I've gone to bed feeling crummy...feeling like at some point in the middle of the night contractions will wake me up. Needless to say, it hasn't happened yet.


Last Thursday when I saw my doctor, she said that she thought she'd see me sometime in the next week, before my next scheduled appointment. Even though I was only 2 cm, I let her optimism get to me.


I thought a new baby would be about the best birthday present a girl could get (even if it meant labor and delivery on my birthday!). My birthday also fell on the 39 week mark, and considering the first 2 were born at 39 weeks, I was optimistic!


Of course, they were both induced, but both times I was already 4 cm and my doctor was pretty sure that I would go into labor spontaneously before I showed up for my induction. It didn't happen then, and it doesn't appear to be happening this time.


My doctor asked me how many hours a day I was walking, and I kind of laughed. Does back and forth from the kitchen to the couch count?? I have been trying really hard to do more walking.


I took the kids to the mall when it was raining yesterday and this morning I walked around the park near our house with my friend who is due the week after I am, even though it was still raining. We're motivated.


The nursery is ready, except for the rocking chair we just ordered because the school has apparently run out...too many babies around here! We picked up the bumper at the Seoul Swap, where we were trying to get rid of stuff. We have ended up with a whole lot of blue and green in there, but that's what happens when you don't buy any of your own stuff. I'm not complaining. I ordered the Instagram prints from Prinstagram, and I love them. We had to pay a lot for shipping, but I think it was worth it. They're really sturdy, and I love the simplicity and lack of permanence.


(The above is weeks 18, 28, and 38.) We had a baby shower on Sunday at church, along with 3 other women who are all due in the next week or two. Do I look uncomfortable in this picture? I am.


Without sharing any of the gory details, I can tell you that my body has been preparing itself for labor. All that's left is to have my water break (wouldn't that be a miracle?) and of course, the consistent contractions. Any day now, baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...