Thursday, October 9, 2014

The 8th Month

It's crazy to me that I still can't see a difference in these pictures from week to week, or even from the beginning of the month to the end, but it's clear that I've grown quite a bit in the past 9 months!


Throughout September, highs were in the low to mid 80s, and I was hot most of the month. I wasn't using the AC anymore in the house, but I was fooling myself every time I walked out the door thinking it would be cool. It wasn't.


He flipped in the middle of September, so I started getting more of those stronger kicks to the ribs, and there were a couple of weeks where my ribs just ached all the time. Even when he wasn't actually kicking me.


By now, he's moved down further, and while I still get the occasional jab in the ribs, the painful movements are much, much lower now. I can feel his movements radiate at the tops of my thighs. Eesh. There's a lot of pressure on my bladder, of course, and I was surprised to begin feeling pelvic pressure at only 36 weeks.


I went to the doctor every two weeks in September, but because she is out of town this week, I am going three weeks between appointments this time, just when I would have expected to start going every week. Oh well. I don't mind not trekking to the hospital every week.


My appetite has been cut significantly in the past month, which I'm fine with. I'm not really on board with the whole "never stop eating" thing. I experienced some pretty miserable heartburn in the past month, causing me to lay awake for hours, or taking Tums again just seconds before throwing up. Nasty. Another benefit to him being lower now at 37 weeks is the drastic reduction of heartburn. I haven't had any Tums in 2 days!


I have had some Braxton Hicks contractions in the past few weeks, mostly when I'm doing a lot of walking or stair climbing or something. Now that it's cooled off, I'm able to a bit more of that, which is good. This kid will never come out if I spend all my time laying around!


We now have his room set up, all of his clothes washed, and hospital and diaper bags packed, so as soon as my doctor returns on Friday, we'll be ready for this kid to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...