Sunday, October 26, 2014

My First Photoshoot

My husband keeps mentioning this blogger he knows that doesn't really blog much these days. Apparently, he doesn't think she has any excuse for it (not yet anyway)...I keep telling him that if the laptop wasn't stuffed under the bed and if I could reach the keyboard across my belly a little better, then maybe I would be a better blogger. Maybe.

Anyway, this has been sort of a rough week. Something about actually reaching my due date has made me a little grumpy. I worked hard early last week to try to induce labor. Lots of walking. So much walking that it felt like I accomplished little else. After returning to the doctor and finding that I was still only 3cm and 70% effaced, I decided that all of the walking wasn't really worth it if it meant I couldn't get to the laundry or didn't have the energy to make dinner. So, I gave up.

Wouldn't you know it? As soon as I decided to just relax and forget about it, I started having contractions. Lots of them. Every 5 minutes for hours on end. The only problem was, they never got stronger. They never got longer. They never got painful. And then, of course, they stopped. That was Thursday. I've continued to have some contractions since then, but nothing consistent at all. Days of false labor is not my idea of fun, just so you know.

I know. They say he'll come when he's ready, yet strangely there are a lot of inductions these days! Hopefully we won't have to go down that road again, but I don't think my doctor will let me go too far past 41 weeks, so we'll see what the next week brings.

These are obviously the pictures that I took for my friend last week. I actually set them up in the spot where I took my least favorite picture of my kidlets, but I knew that I really liked the light in that spot and that it would give the boys room to run around while still having a nice background and bokeh opportunities.

I arrived early enough to get things set up...a blanket that I moved around about 10 times trying to find the right light, my camera settings, and white balance. I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to do the whole session on manual so soon after my class, but I went for it, knowing that with a little help in post processing, I would have a better chance of getting what I wanted if I just left it in manual.

I left my friend, Kristin, in charge of the posing for the most part, so that we could be sure to get the shots that she wanted, and I was worried that I would be too focused on the technical aspects to do the posing. It worked out pretty well. I was able to get about 60 shots that I was happy with in the 45 minutes before the rest of our friends arrived. And, most importantly, she loves them, so I'm counting it as a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...