Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Life Lately and the Last Photoshoot

Today is one of those days where I have so much to do that I'm not really sure where to start, so instead I blog. Probably not the best choice, but it is what it is. I have already gotten two kids off to school, put one down for a nap, and done a couple of loads of laundry. That counts, right?


This time of year is always so busy that it's hard to keep up with everything. We had invited friends over for dinner last night, and I was so relieved when they couldn't come because they had a sick kid. I'm excited to have dinner with them, but next week will be so much better. We have things going on every night this week, and it was nice to take an unexpected break in the busyness. Plus, we had leftover lasagna in the freezer to eat, and you can't really serve that to guests. After spending much of my day making hummus, it was nice to pull dinner out of the freezer!


Though I will say that since I delivered this gallery last week, I have been a little less stressed! This family was so fun to shoot, though, and the pictures were a breeze to edit since all of the color and light were in camera this time!


I was definitely exhausted after the shoot, in fact I was more sore the day after shooting a walking one year old than I was the day after my workout. Not a good sign. She had me running, crawling, and rolling. It had rained pretty hard the day before, so I was dirty from head to toe! She also hadn't napped well, so she was not the happiest of babies. There were a lot of outtakes!


This little one is exactly one week younger than Reece, and we used to be neighbors, so we spent a fair amount of time together last year walking to and from church, going to the grocery store, and neighborhood walks. Boy, did it make taking their pictures a whole lot easier! You would never know that she's younger than Reece the way she walks circles around him! She's a quick little one already, but I'm so glad that it's her and not him. I'm perfectly content with the fact that he isn't walking yet!


Is anyone else missing the monthly Reece posts? Just me? Okay. I'm not missing the work that went into taking the photos or writing the updates, but who decides that after one year kids don't change as much as quickly? Is there really that big of a difference between 12 months and 13 months? I don't know.


I do know that I finally took him to the doctor, and he weighs 23 pounds. He's at about the 50th percentile for height and about the 20th for weight, if I remember correctly. He's been sleeping a little better lately, but it's still inconsistent. He's definitely still an early riser, but honestly, it makes it easier to fit his naps into the day. We've been trying the one nap a day when we need to--because we'll be gone in the early afternoon or because he's slept in--and it's working out fine because he's so good-natured, but I'd really like to hang onto two naps as long as we can!


He has another tooth coming in on top, and I'm hoping that is why he's suddenly become such a picky eater. Reece and I went out for lunch twice last week (probably the only two times we've been out all year!), and he refused to eat at either meal. What a stinker! (We actually went out with this little one and her mom, too, and I was so glad (again) that Reece isn't walking! She just wanted to run around the whole time, though she did eat a ton, as well!)


He's pretty limited himself to eating beans, fruit (any!), cheese, and bread. Arg. He won't eat meat of any kind anymore, and the only vegetables he'll eat are tomatoes, corn, and green beans. It makes it much more difficult to feed him three meals a day. He pretty much wants milk all.the.time, and since making the switch to the cup a couple of weeks ago (that ended up going much better than expected!), I've been pretty lax about it. The kid drinks a lot of milk. And we buy a lot of milk. Often. I can't wait to buy milk in gallons again!


The big kids have been busy, as well. Kennedy asked me to mention (a couple of weeks ago, and I kept forgetting!) how tall she's getting. She has now outgrown all of the school pants I was counting on her wearing this year. I think I'd bought two pairs in a bigger size for her, so those are the only two that fit. It's going to be a long winter for her, wearing leggings with skirts and dresses. #momfail


Cade had his Christmas program at the end of last week, which was great, as always! We have the links for his program, so if you'd like to see it, let us know. Unfortunately, he was in the back row this time, so we couldn't see him as well as we have in the past, but somebody's kid has to be back there, I guess. This week, he had Culture Day at school, and we dressed up in our jeans and t-shirts to share about our American culture with the other first graders and their parents. It was quite the event!


Today is their last day of swim lessons for Q2, so we're excited to watch and see how they've progressed. I'm going to try to get a workout in, and see some of the HS basketball game, so it should be a busy afternoon. At least all three events happen in the same building. But now, I'm off to buy more milk. Cuz that's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...