Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Family Photoshoot

Wow. Another week has flown by in a haze of photo-taking, editing, and location scouting. I can't even imagine what life is like for real photographers this time of year!


I had not set myself up for success with the time of day that this shoot had to take place, so while the shoot itself went better than I was expecting, the editing took me forever!!


Shadows and red casts abound! At this point, I'm glad they're done, and I'm glad that I was able to overcome the challenge to some extent. They were a hit to my ego, though, I'll admit.


Friday and Saturday afternoons, I took the kids to local parks to scout out the colors and lighting. While it was a bit of a hassle, the upside is that I got some good shots of the kids. Much better than last year's scouting trip. And who knows? Maybe eventually I'll even get around to editing and posting pictures of our own family!


I will say that if I ever decide to go into business (though after this shoot, I'm not thinking that's a very good idea!), I will certainly have a better idea of what that would look like, how much work is involved, and what my time is worth!


I'm also extremely grateful to friends who are willing to trust me with their time and energy as their family photographer. I know that even when you're not paying for it, a lot of time, energy, and thinking goes into getting your pictures taken. Even when you're just hoping for one good shot of your family!


And now, I'd better finish dinner and maybe edit some pictures. We're looking forward to another busy week of photoshoots, editing, and Thanksgiving dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...