Monday, November 23, 2015

The Annual Fall Family Photo

Oh man. Can you believe that it's already the last full week of November? Thanksgiving already?! That's cray, cray. (As the kids would say...but since I'm not one, it sounds pretty stupid. Actually, I think it sounds stupid either way.)


Can you tell I'm tired? And not thinking clearly? That's just how it's going these days. While I have enjoyed nearly every moment of the photoshoot craziness that has gone on the past couple of weeks, I'm a bit relieved that today's is the last.


Granted, it's also the one I'm the most excited about...I know the family much better than last week's. I have a better idea of what they're looking for, and their style is a little easier to work with.


And, most importantly, it will be OUTSIDE! Which is SO much easier! The sky does all of the hard work for me. Unfortunately, it's a little more gray than I was hoping. When I took the kids last week, the light was perfect, and I'm hoping for the same today, but I'm not optimistic.


As you can see, we had some fun doing our own family photo shoot about a month ago.


The kids were willing participants for the most part this year, and it was fun seeing what I could get with the tripod and my own skills.


Reece certainly added a new challenge this year, since it's incredibly difficult to get a one year old to look at the camera...especially when there is no one behind it!


Of course, there were several of the five of us where he is looking at the camera, but one of the others is not. I was probably my own worst enemy, since I kept looking at down the remote.


Of course one of my favorite parts of these photos is seeing how our family has changed and grown over the years since we've been here. It's hard to believe that this is our fifth fall in Seoul!


In case you want to do the same, I've found the links for you. I still can't believe we missed 2013. Here is 2011, 2012, and 2014 (which, you might remember, I didn't take).


And, yes, poor Reece was left out of many of these, as he sat back and watched from the stroller. Next year, buddy; you'll be running around and throwing leaves! He's still not even close to walking, which I'm just fine with!


Does it bother anyone else that this park is on a hill?? It drives me crazy that I can either straighten the sidewalk or the trees, not both. Sheesh. Time for a new location.


Since I got some good portraits of the big kids this past week, I tried to pare down the number of pictures I put in this post, if you can believe it! But, for once, there is evidence that I am a part of this family, as well. And since I'll spend the rest of my week editing, rather than blogging, I'll say "Happy Thanksgiving!" now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...