Sunday, April 17, 2016

366 Project: Week Fifteen

Whoa. Have y'all noticed how many times I've blogged this week?! It's crazy, I tell you! (Did you also notice my use of the word y'all? Trying to practice my Texas-speak.) I spent this week capturing a couple more lasts (I hope!) and enjoying the fact that we are comfortably into the 4th quarter routine now that no one is sick and after school activities have started again. I've gotten a couple of workouts in, delivered more stuff, and filled a few boxes of things to get rid of, and it feels so good!


99/366: I have a love/hate relationship with this calendar. I love that it keeps us all organized and that the meals for the month are planned, but it's such an eyesore. I originally bought it for my classroom (and I loved filling it out then--I know, I'm such a nerd), and it was the perfect size. But for our kitchen? Not so much. Anyway, it's filled out to the middle of May (payday to payday) and with the last few weeks being so crazy and needing to get rid of stuff like this, I won't be filling it out again. Yahoo!


100/366: Kennedy really wanted to go to Costco in Korea one last time (why??? I have no idea!), so we went on Saturday morning. I took a couple of pictures, but this one of the food court, packed at 9:00 in the morning, was especially entertaining to me. Who else eats hot dogs, "kimchi," and pizza for breakfast? A culture that always eats the same things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, of course.


101/366: Kennedy and I finally got haircuts--which we'd been needing for awhile--and honestly, it's so much cheaper here (though the price has doubled since we've lived here...sheesh!), that it made sense to get one last one here. I do look forward to being able to communicate with a stylist about how I want my hair cut, but if I'm honest, I don't miss the small talk. It's been especially awkward the past several years when I always go somewhere different, and so the conversation begins with the usual "where do you work/where do you live" questions. After the initial shock and story about a friend/relative who used to live somewhere in Asia, then we're done. Nothing more in common. Ha.


102/366: Last week, I was talking with friends who have older kids and they asked if Reece is in that "toddler phase." You know the one. When they're into everything all the time? I ignorantly told her that he hadn't been too bad lately. It had been a few weeks since he'd been into the dump-out-the-spices and pull-off-all-the-toilet-paper phase. He was right back into it this week, though. Tearing a Kleenex into thousands of pieces...


103/366: and climbing onto the dishwasher door to spin the spinner thingy (is there a name for that?!).


104/366: This was my first cheat of the entire year. More than 100 days in before I pulled from the archives, but since we don't really have any tulips in Seoul, I did it to remember seven years since we lost Mom. So.hard.to believe.


105/366: The morning routine this week consisted of a whole lot of Reece playing peek-a-boo in the living curtains. The blue skies, though? They were rare this week!

I've gotta admit, I'm pretty proud of myself for the number of days I got out the real camera this week. I guess routine will do that. But I'll admit that they were all still edited on my phone, since I only edited Guam pictures on the computer this week. Hopefully, I'll be better about it this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...