Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The rest of Gyeongbokgung

We are starting to ramp up for the end of the quarter. February went by quickly with all of our days off, and my students have been really busy with projects for my class, which means that I'm about to get really busy with grading. Really busy. I have three weeks to grade 150 articles, 75 exams, and 300 in-class essays. Yikes!

I told you a couple of weeks ago about the first part of our trip to Gyeongbokgung. This particular day with my dad was so long, and I took so many pictures, that it will end up being three different posts!

After our little cocoa break, we headed out to explore the rest of the grounds of the palace.


This was the first time that I had been to the palaces with snow on them (hopefully the last, to be honest!), so at least the pictures are a little different. The Folk Museum is in the background of the picture below.



Eric managed to get ahold of the camera for a little while, so there is evidence that I was there!


The grounds of this palace are HUGE!


It is quite a walk to the other parts.


We walked out to this pagoda


and the surrounding frozen pond.


The kids enjoyed throwing snow balls at the ice to see if they could crack it.


I'm pretty sure the ahjussis were not impressed.


Afterwards, we finally headed inside to the Folk Museum. It was warm in there!


We had been very grateful to be healthy since we got back from Thailand, but our streak has ended. Kennedy recovered from the fever and headache that she had Thursday and Friday. Cade picked it up on Saturday, though. He was up throwing up in the middle of the night. We sent Kennedy to school on Monday because she had been feeling better on Sunday, but Eric had to take her home early because she had another fever. She stayed home on Tuesday with a low-grade fever again. To top it off, Kennedy, Cade, and I all have pretty nasty colds, too. We can't wait for spring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...