Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Kennedy's Aquarium Field Trip

I am trying desperately (and unsuccessfully) to keep up with everything right now! I want to get all of these old pictures posted since I'll have new ones after spring break. The kids have been impatiently counting down the days until Lidi, Uncle Evan, and Aunt Jen arrive!

I finished grading my first round of articles yesterday. And even though Cade and I spent the morning on a play date and now he is playing nicely by himself, I still can't get motivated to start the next round. I guess it's because technically my spring break started yesterday, but really the only break in sight for me is summer break. I. can. not. wait.

A week or two after my dad left, Kennedy's class went to the aquarium, so we got to see the other aquarium in Seoul. This one is at Coex Mall.


This one screams "Korea" in different ways than the other one did. 


First, there's the miniature pagoda and park scene...with painted trees on the walls...


then there's the weird fish tanks...this one appears to have a baseball stuck in it.


This is a diver in a hanbok...in a phone booth of all things...


Then you have the Lego men swimming with the fish...


And, of course, the ever-present photo opportunity...


This was a pretty hilarious photo opportunity. Forty Kindergarteners and siblings lined up...


and thirty mothers of Kindergarteners trying to get a picture...


There were some pretty cool tanks on the other side, though.


There was even a moving walkway all the way around this one...in case you were tired of actually picking up your feet!


There were no synchronized swimmers in these tanks as there were at the 63 Building,


but there were some pretty big sharks, rays, and manatees...


I was impressed with the jellyfish tank! Great colors!


The kids were excited to see the penguins because they had been studying them for the past month.


Afterwards, we had lunch in the large lunch room that they had.


We were just one of many schools at the aquarium that day!


Alright. I must get to work. Only 150 more papers to grade, one Shakespeare play to read, and two units to plan. I. can. do. it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...