Saturday, April 13, 2013

Spring Renewal



As of today, it's been four years since we lost my mom. Eric asked my recently how much of that day I remember. It's strange to me how much I remember from that day. You would think it would be one of those days that would immediately be erased from my memory. Considering Cade was only six weeks old at that point, I certainly don't remember much from the surrounding days!


I feel that I experienced something unique with the death of my mom coming so soon after the birth of my son. I was already an emotional wreck, thanks to my postpartum hormones, but I had this sweet baby to comfort me all day and night. I remember the feeling of his soft baby skin against my chest as my warm tears fell onto his little head. He had no idea what was going on, and with Kennedy also being so little at the time, he was the one person that I didn't have to hide my grief from. I'm so thankful that God brought something wonderful out of such a hard time in my life.


This time of year, in the spring, the trees and flowers begin to bloom--a welcome sight after a long, dreary winter in Korea. Spring is symbolic of renewal. Mom died in the spring and the blooms of spring always remind of new life--the birth of my son and the renewal of a brand new body. As the cherry blossoms are beginning to appear, I am comforted by the fact that she has new life in a place that is so much better than here.

"A sweet new blossom of humanity, fresh fallen from God's own home, to flower on earth."
-Gerald Massey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...