Saturday, August 24, 2013

Boys Will Be Boys

Well, we made it through the week. No surprise, I guess. We always do. The surprise is that it actually wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be.


Yes, I worked way too many hours, but it was the most convenient way for me to pick and drop off Kennedy. It's not as if I couldn't use the time productively. There's always something to do--or several somethings, more realistically.


I don't think that it was quite as difficult for Eric as he thought it was going to be, either. Every afternoon, he mentioned how quickly the day went by and how "he just didn't have time" to get everything done. 


Though I teased him about the dishes or the laundry, it's good to know that I'm not the only that feels that way. My expectations for what I can get done in a day (or a class period) are always way off the mark.

 
As you can see, he spent his time productively. (she says sarcastically.)
 

As I mentioned, Cade had an impromptu day off on Friday (something about a summer camp?), so Eric promised that they would spend the day building a Lego city.


Evidently, Eric felt the need to prepare for their "Lego day" by himself on Thursday. So, Daddy got to spend two entire days building Legos. Rough life.


And then, of course, I got recruited to take pictures of said Lego city.

 
As you can see, he's feeling better. He'll be back to school on Monday. And the Legos will be back to their dismantled form soon, too.
 
"Boys will be boys, and so will a lot of middle-aged men." --Kin Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...