Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Cade's Kindergarten Graduation

We're a couple of days into the second week of school and so far things are looking much better than they did at this time last week. Everyone is healthy, albeit a little sleep deprived. Reece learned how to crawl last week and has been struggling with naps ever since. Combined with the fact that he's waking us all up at between 5:45 and 6:00 am, we've all been a little tired by the end of the day!


If I could figure out his napping--at least something do-able--then I feel like we'd be starting to get into a routine. But, every day is a little different. He's only sleeping for about 45 minutes at a time, which means he needs three naps to make it through the day, and it just doesn't seem to be working out.


By the time, we get some sort of routine figured out, things will get turned upside down anyway. This year, the kids are finally riding the regular school bus, rather than the staff bus, and Kennedy is not enjoying it at all. I think she liked being one of those crazy staff kids that ran all over the school every afternoon. Next week, their after school activities will begin, though, and she'll get to skip the afternoon bus ride a few times a week.


Before I get into the pictures of our summer, it's only fair that I go back and post the pictures of Cade's Kindergarten graduation. He did make for a handsome little graduate, after all!


It's all a bit of a blur by now, but I remember that my highest priority was getting pictures (when is it ever anything else?). And pictures are never Cade's priority. This kid has been averse to my camera ever since I got the thing.


Nonetheless, I managed to get him outside at our apartment complex to take a few photos, and I even hauled my tripod over, so that we could get a family photo. How often are we all dressed up at the same time? Not very often.


At Kennedy's graduation, I got to take lots of pictures of her with her friends because everyone arrived early. That didn't really work out with Cade, but I did get this shot of him with his friend, William, who left Korea last month.


I also knew ahead of time to ask Cade which side of the stage he would be standing on and which side he would walk down, so that I could get good pictures. You can see how well that worked out!


Ha! We were in the opposite corner!


Nonetheless, he was a cute little graduate, and we are so proud of all that he accomplished as a Kindergartner!


They have both already gotten rave reviews from their teachers this year (never mind the fact that they were required to send us "positive contact" emails!), and we're looking forward to all that they will learn as first and third graders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...