Monday, January 11, 2016

366 Project: Week One

Well, we're finally back into the normal routine. Back to school. Back to Awana. Back to workouts and basketball games. I've spent the past two days trying to get Reece back into his routine, as well. He seemed to know intuitively and was therefore up at or before 6:30, just to make sure I don't accidentally sleep through my alarm! In spite of the early wakeups, he has still had no interest in that second nap of the day, so we'll see how the rest of the week goes. Regardless of poor nap times, cold and early trips to the bus stop, and the always-miserable trip to Costco, I am so excited to be back into our routines!

So, I still haven't decided exactly how this 366 (why do I always choose a leap year?!) project is going to play out, so don't be surprised if I mix things up a little more than I did the last time. Basically, this started when the kids got addicted to my Timehop app. They love seeing what we did on that day last year or two years ago. Kennedy decided that I needed to make sure that there is a Timehop every day, and that there is a picture of Korea on Timehop every day. The next thing I knew, we were talking about taking a picture every day. And while this talk started in August or September, I just didn't have it in me to get started then. There were still too many what-ifs and that piece of paper hadn't been signed. So, I decided to start in January. When we knew for sure that we wouldn't be back next year.

My primary goal is to capture our lives as they are right now, and much of that will center around Korea, or how things will be different when we do the same activities next year, whether that's our house, our furniture, or where we shop.


Day 1/366: We took down our little Christmas tree and packed up it and all of these ornaments to pass on to a new proud owner. Ms. Lewis, one of the kids' favorite MS teachers, will put our ornaments on her tree next year.


Day 2/366: The kids got Amazon gift cards for Christmas this year and they used them to buy books, so they spent much of the day in this position. It's a love/hate relationship for me. Love that they're reading; hate that they're on electronics. Oh well. They're happy, so I'm happy.


Day 3/366: There was no Sunday school for Kennedy because not all of the teachers were back from break, As it turned out, she had her first Communion on the first Sunday of the year. A momentous occasion!


Day 4/366: Eric and I had both been going a little stir crazy, but with three kids and bad air quality, we hadn't figured out many ways to get out of the house that were actually enjoyable. Instead, we took turns getting out of the house by ourselves and that was the best cup of coffee that I'd had since the last time I was at Fazenda two months before! Yum!


Day 5/366: Reece can tell time so well! At 7, 11, and 3, you will find this kid crouched in front of the refrigerator, clapping for more milk. And there he sits, drinking it.


Day 6/366: I made the kids go to the school library to get as many books as they possibly could to read over winter break. There were more than this, but I swear, they had finished them all before the first weekend was over! Thankfully, they will read each other's books and enjoy them!


Day 7/366: Kennedy has been shuffling for a couple of years now, but it has always bothered her that she couldn't do the bridge. Eric and I didn't really know how to teach her to do it, either. But, she now has it mastered, and she seems to spend an inordinate amount of time shuffling these days!

I'm not really using any prompts for this year's project, so I'm not sure how long my inspiration will last. I also am not making any promises about this project continuing on after we leave here in June. But, I'm looking forward to seeing our daily lives play out for the next five months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...