Monday, November 28, 2011

How do I comment?

I've heard a number of people mention that they don't know how to comment on the blog, so I figured as long as I was updating things today, I would post a little tutorial about how to comment. I've spent a few minutes trying to figure out a way to put the comment form right there on the page for you, but I haven't figured it out yet (I'm not exactly "tech savvy"), so I'll stick with what I've got for now and hopefully it won't be too difficult.
The comment slot is embedded below the post whenever you look at each post individually (as opposed to the 5 posts on the main page). That means that if you click on title of a post, it will open in another page and the comment box will be below the page. Alternatively, you can click on the "0 comments" (or it might be "1 comments") at the bottom of the post, and this will open a pop up window where you can type in your comment. If you do not have a Google account, then you will either want to click next to Name/URL or Anonymous. If you click Name, then you can type in your name (URL is where you would put your website if you have one), or you can choose to be anonymous by clicking next to that. Last week I removed the word verification because I know that was making it difficult for some, as well, and I haven't had any problems with spam. If you are asking a question, then you should check the box that says you would like follow-up comments to be emailed to you, so that you can get your answer.
So, now you can comment and let me know that you figured it out! ...or send me an email if you still have questions about it.

3 comments:

  1. Chelsea,
    Thanks for the tutorial on how to add a comment! Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it really works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tutorial, Chelsea! I must say, I enjoy your accompanying photographs as well as your blog content! All of the photos are good while some are astonishingly good. I love the family portrait you took in the park with the self-timer, and the photos of fall leaves and trees are breathtaking. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...