Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Our return to baseball...

So, I have made mention of how we have been busy lately. Ha! You haven't heard that around here lately, have you? I know. You're busy, too. I'm going to try to stop complaining about it.

I have been spending two afternoons a week at soccer practice (two? yes, two. that is why I coach middle school sports! no 5-6 or 7 day a week sports for me!). Saturday mornings I have been getting up early and going to school for our jamborees. And it was fun while it lasted. I'm glad it's over!


Baseball, on the other hand, seems to have no end in sight. Maybe that's just because Eric doesn't plan very far ahead and hasn't mentioned an end date to me. Regardless, we have been (and no doubt we'll continue) spending our Saturday afternoons at Eric's baseball games.
 

I know that he's really been enjoying getting to play again. It's a bit strange for me seeing him play again. It's a bit surreal that we now have our kids running around screaming and we're in Korea. But, there he is pitching again. We're just not in college anymore!


It is a hardball league created for expats by an expat. It's technically a bar league where each team is hosted by a bar, so it provides a new audience for our mission work. It does feel good to get outside of our bubble! (not to mention outside the city!)


Thankfully, there are a couple of other families from our church that also participate, so the kids have fun playing while I watch and/or grade papers, write tests, and read books for school.


And then we pick up a quick dinner with one of the other families before we start the hour-long trek home via subway and bus, arriving home shortly before 9pm.


Hence, the 14 hour Saturdays I've been putting in. I'm so thankful soccer is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...