Friday, October 14, 2011

From the Blogger


As you may have noticed if you've been reading this blog since the beginning, I really enjoy this outlet as a way to think through the new things that are in our lives. Of course, my main goal when I began was to find a way to communicate everything that was/is going on with our friends and family. Then I discovered how therapeutic it is to be able to write out my thoughts and feelings! And now I am truly addicted.
I don't know how many people read it on a regular basis, I don't have many official "followers", nor do I get many comments, but I continue to write for me. I don't really have time to track the stats, but in the last week I have had readers from the following countries: United States, South Korea, Malaysia, Argentina, Russia, United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark, Ukraine and the Philippines. That is crazy! Most of the time, the google search key words that lead to the blog are some combination of the words "Stanwood" and "Seoul". But today when I checked, one of the searches was for "how to get to kims club seoul". That reader probably won't be back because she didn't find what she was looking for, but I thought it was entertaining!
Hopefully you've noticed that one thing I'm working on is adding more pictures to the blog and improving the ones that are there. We bought a new camera right before we left, and I am slowly learning how to use it. I have spent a lot of time looking for information on the web about how to improve my photography skills, how to use Photoshop and Lightroom, and how to use my camera. In the process, I have discovered an entire world of blogging, photographing, cooking, and homeschooling moms around the world that I have a lot in common with. It is really very interesting. At this point, I don't have links to many of their blogs, but don't be surprised when they show up! I really don't have a lot of time to read them, but when I'm stressed with the kids, it's nice to be able to sit down and read that someone else is too!
I will mention that the only problem with the blog is that it is a one-way street. The only way I know whether or not anyone is looking at it is by tracking the stats or through the periodic emails we get from family. So, please, leave a comment or send an email so that we know you're still out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...