Friday, May 25, 2012

Week 21: Favorites

I think I've already covered the fact that it's been a long week. A really long week. In other ways, it flew by, though. It was the last real week of school--as in work actually being accomplished by the students. Only three and a half days left. Wow. Still a lot of work to be done by the teachers this week.
I had to finish grading essays this week. Thankfully, the weather cooperated and I was able to take the kids to the park in the afternoons to play while I graded in the sunshine. It's so nice that they're self-sufficient on the playground so that I can get some work done when I need to!

Day 139: Kennedy is really growing up. We figured out that she could reach the sponge, the soap, and the sink handle with the aid of a stool, so she is officially a dish washer in our house now. Yay! (Especially since we don't have a dishwasher!)


Day 140: We had our staff picnic on Saturday. Cade and the son of my (former) job share partner were pretty entertaining to watch!


Day 141: The weather was beautiful again! Kennedy posed while we waited for Dad to meet us at the bus stop--I'd left my bus card at home--whoops!


Day 142: On Monday after school, we headed to Children's Grand Park and zoo for a little fun in the sun! A very impressive (free) park. Not a very impressive (free) zoo. More on that here!


Day 143: Another afternoon at the park. The kids found refuge from the sun in the tunnel while they ate their snack.


Day 144: It was hot, but I had bananas in the freezer, so we made a batch of banana muffins.


Day 145: Kennedy was extremely upset over something that Eric and I thought was hilarious. I had to get out the camera! Poor kid.


It was a pretty good week. Spending time in the sun with my two favorite kids is one of my very favorite things to do! I think my favorite shot this week is of Cade playing in the fountains. Not a great shot technically, but I love the joy on his face!

To check out others' photo projects, check out the links:
P52 with Kent Weakley






9 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of your daughter washing dishes is fantastic. It reminds me of one we have of my mom when she was about that age. Good luck with the rest of your school week & I hope you get a nice term break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a new dishwasher! I don't have a real dishwasher either, just my two hands! Love the picture of Cade in the water, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Great snapshots! Love the tunnel shot, awesome! Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2012/05/project-366-rewindweek21.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun week. I love the shot of the water play. So inviting. Have a great week, and hooray for your dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like the great beginnings of summer! nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could get my boys to wash dishes. Great pictures this week. Love the water fountain park shot. We have one of those close to us that the boys love to pkay in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tunnel picture and the muffins look delicious! :) Hope you guys have a terrific time back home!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these photos and your favorite. Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...