Thursday, August 16, 2012

And then there was one...

Today is my first day home with just one. All day. My first thought this morning was that I can't believe how long it has been since Cade and I were hanging out, just the two of us, while Kennedy was in preschool. My second thought was Wow! this is going to be different!


First of all, when Kennedy was in preschool in the States, my schedule was...err...a little erratic, I guess. Some days I would drop him off at daycare at the same time I dropped her off and go to work. Some days we would drop her off and then do some shopping: Starbucks, Target, Costco. My favorite places to spend money! Some days, he and I would meet someone for breakfast before we picked her up. One of my favorite memories is one morning when we had an impromptu breakfast with my dad and my brother. None of those things are going to happen this year!


But, we're still having fun! This morning we laid in bed and read one book after another for nearly an hour before we got up to have breakfast. Nothing like a lazy morning!


 Then we made a race track out of masking tape on his bedroom floor.


I even took him out to lunch at his favorite restaurant as a special treat (Kennedy has gotten a lot of special treats this week!).


Then I pulled a little "suzy homemaker" that you'll hear about soon. And now, he's playing quietly in his room while I should be working. But I'm blogging. I've got lessons to plan and quizzes to write, so I'd better get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...