Friday, October 12, 2012

Week 41: Cool Evenings

Oh boy. Another crazy week for us, but it was a good one. I have essays to grade, a new unit to plan, and report cards to do, so this will be short and sweet!

Day 276: Cade got a "new" bike from one of his buddies. He is so excited!


Day 277: I spent my Saturday afternoon in a hummus-making frenzy. I started the dried chickpeas soaking on Friday afternoon. Then cooked them for a few hours, then I did several batches in our weak blender. The work was worth it, though!


Day 278: Spent Sunday afternoon baking and decorating cupcakes for Kennedy to take to school for her birthday. Yup, we like to make it last as long as we can! (Or I'm just too busy to get things done in a timely manner.)


Day 279: Wrapping up the quarter at school. A busy time, of course. A time for comfort food. Cool evenings have finally arrived and put me in the mood for something warm, so I tried a new recipe for homemade mac and cheese.


Day 280: Cade is also feeling the burn from our schedule these days. He laid down on the floor and took a two hour nap after his play date Tuesday morning.


Day 281: Insane day at school. Had kids in my room delivering speeches from 7:45-5:00. Then headed to Lost and home to return emails to students. Must sleep.

Day 282: Started my day off with a homemade pumpkin spice latte. Then some blogging before grading essays and heading to school to pick up Kennedy and last-minute late work from students.


I'd better get back to work!

To see others' photo projects, check out the links:
P52 with Kent Weakley

4 comments:

  1. You sure have been busy! That mac and cheese looks super good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy Bee! Those cup cakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen goodies all look wonderful! The Mac n cheese looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of yummy food this week. It all looks so good. Love that new bike shot--he looks so happy. Cute napping photo too. If only I could curl up an nap ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...