Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Life Happens!

Well, our Sunday continued to get worse...the kids didn't want to go to bed and we had about 2 hours of screaming, crying, and frustration from all four of us. I guess we all have to have those days every once in a while, right?
We decided to start off our Monday on the right foot, and we were able to re-establish our normal bedtime routine again for the kids. It's been two nights back to the routine now, and we are all much more relaxed and rested! (If only we'd started it a week ago!)
We have been here almost two weeks now (though it seems like longer...I can't believe all that we have done in that time!) and we have one more week until school starts. No doubt it will fly by! I'm anxious to get all of us on a regular weekly routine, as well. I know that Eric is worried about all that he has to do in the next week which makes me all the more happy that I do not have a classroom this year! I know that the beginning of the year will be busy and chaotic for me, too, but at least I don't have lesson planning and grading to go along with everything else.
The weather was beautiful today: sunny, very warm but with a slight breeze to cool you down. The Koreans are funny in that the women carry around their umbrellas in the sun, too, to shade them. I wonder if there is a season where they don't carry them? We had dinner with a group from school to celebrate one of the girls' birthdays. Cheap ribs and good company, so we had a great night!
I finally got pictures posted of our neighborhood, the city, and our retreat last weekend. If you click on them, it will open a new window and you can see them larger, read the captions, and post a comment. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...