Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas in Myeongdong


Traditionally, Kennedy and I go to look at Christmas lights at this time of year. Since she was big enough to see out of the car window, we have driven around town (even if it's just Stanwood) to check out the lights. Last year, I had thought I was starting a few different traditions including going to Snowflake Lane and the Lights of Christmas. Clearly, we are not able to do those things this year!


This year, I was excited to try to continue the tradition with a Seoul spin on it. The only thing is, now Cade is old enough to know what he's missing. Eric is not big on the whole Christmas light tradition. It was tough, but eventually, we convinced Eric to come along. So we headed out into the 25 degree weather to wait for the bus.


As you can see, he was really excited to be there. He did decide to continue the hot chocolate tradition, and therefore the kids have brown smiles in all of these pictures, as well as brown spills all the way down their coats, pants, and even shoes. Oh, what a joy!


Thankfully, I don't think you can tell, but I am doing laundry right now.


Within about 5 minutes, Cade had tried to run across the street and get hit by a car (he's a speedy little bugger and has no fear of traffic!), and we ran across a bunch of lights that were not lit, so we were having a rough start.


Soon, we came across this little area between stores that had a bunch of little trees and lots of lights.


It even had a bench...a prime picture taking spot. And, while I got a lot of good shots of them looking at the lights and decorations...


there isn't exactly a Christmas card picture here!


Oh well. You don't mind, right?


Kennedy did her best.


And Cade escaped from every picture that he could!


It was much too cold for a photography lesson for Eric.


He's not a fan of the new lens yet!


Yes, they have the Salvation Army cans here in South Korea, too.


So the kids each put in some won while we waited for the bus.


All in all, it was a pretty good evening, but I'm not sure that this particular outing will become tradition. We'll just have to see.

As a side note, I tried a new method with my pictures which involved changing the size so that the site speeds up. I'm not sure if the problem is my internet or the size of the pictures, but they uploaded much more slowly for me. Will you let me know if they are slower for you? Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures load instantly for me...I've never had a problem, so perhaps it is the speed of your internet provider that is slow. Great pictures, by the way...I love the brown smiles!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...