Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!


We had a great time celebrating the new year here in Seoul. No, of course we didn't do anything big like go to Times Square or anything. We just went over to a friend's for dinner, dessert, and games. They have a 6 year old, a 4 year old, and a 1 year old, so the kids had a great time! They even played really well all night. We decided to quit while we were ahead and we headed home around 11:00. In seconds the kids were fast asleep in their beds and Eric and I were able to ring in the new year in a quiet house with a glass of champagne. I really couldn't have asked for anything more (well, I could've done without him throwing the Bananagrams tiles when he lost again, but he apologized profusely for that!)!


We made sushi for dinner, had cookies, pumpkin pie, and cheesecake for dessert, and snacked all night long!




We played Bananagrams and Mad Gab while the kids tried to figure out the new four person Connect Four.



This morning, we had caramel rolls and I had a homemade caramel sauce latte while we watched the snow fall. It was just flurries for about an hour and it has all melted now, but it was pretty to watch it fall on our New Years morning. We all got ready for church and then Cade started to break down. It became clear that he needed a nap more than anything, so here I sit relaxing, blogging, reflecting on the last year.


I'm not much of a resolution person. If I made one last year, I don't remember what it was. It's hard to believe that just a year ago teaching overseas was still a dream that we were finally putting some work into making happen. When we started the whole process I don't think we had any idea that six months later we would be living on an entirely different continent, but we know that this is what God wanted for us and we are so thankful for this experience. When I look at 2012, my only goal is that it would not be quite as exciting as 2011. The only things that could make it more exciting would be another transcontinental move or another addition to our family. Since we're not planning either of those, we're praying for less life-changing events in 2012!


My only goal for 2012 is to continue to learn to use my camera and improve my photography skills. I'd thought about doing a 365 project where you take a picture of something different every single day, but I thought we might all get a little tired of that. So, I've decided to go with Project 52. My goal will be to take a picture every day and figure out which one is best at the end of the week, but that way if I don't end up taking a picture every day, I should at least have one good for the week.
The snow just started again, so I might have to head outside and take some pictures. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...