Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cupcakes anyone?

I honestly don't know what inspired the face, but the kids loved putting the cupcake wrappers in!
The domesticity continues...last night after getting home from work, I decided to throw together a batch of chocolate cupcakes for this evening's Lost gathering. It's the twins' birthday next weekend and we've done a pretty good job of making sure everyone's birthdays get recognized on Wednesday nights (except Eric's!) in order to provide a little home away from home. I knew I wasn't going to have time tonight to pick up a cake after my workout, so I figured I'd better buck up and try the whole baking from scratch thing again. Thankfully, I had picked up some unsweetened cocoa powder when I ran into it somewhere along the way in the past few months, and the powdered sugar I picked up on my trip to Baking Alley...now I'm going to have to track these things down again!


Thankfully this time, I had the hand mixer, so while I missed my Kitchen Aid, it was so much easier to make these cupcakes than it was to bake Eric's birthday cake! And, I may have made the best cream cheese frosting I've ever had. It is delicious! I'm kind of embarrassed that I've never really baked from scratch before. It's really not that difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...