Saturday, January 14, 2012

Daddy's Craft Project

Alright, first I should probably admit that this title is a little misleading. I can't say that this was necessarily his project. It was yet another idea that I found on Pinterest. One that I'd been meaning to do for probably about the last four months and just hadn't gotten around to it. Seriously. Those cereal boxes have been on top of the 'fridge for a long time.


Then I was absolutely determined to do it over Christmas Break. So, that last Sunday night before school started again I cut the paper, taped the boxes together, and was all ready to put it together. I wrapped the paper around the boxes and was immediately frustrated.


I decided that no one would know that I didn't have the patience for this. I would just toss the whole thing and not worry about it. That's when Eric walked in. "Can I try it?" he asked. Sure. No problem. So, yesterday, that's what he did.


And it looks pretty good, doesn't it? He did a great job. And had a lot more patience than I did....three cereal boxes and some wrapping paper make a cute little box for Kennedy to put all of those papers that she "just can't throw away"!


Of course, then he told me that he did not want to see these pictures on the blog, so he probably won't be happy to see this, but I just wanted everyone to know how much I appreciate his willingness to step in when I get frustrated, even if it is just a silly Pinterest project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...