Friday, January 20, 2012

No Knead Bread


Well, I told you I was going to try the bread in spite of the fact I didn't love the pizza dough...and I'm so glad I did!


The bread is delicious! Of course, the recipe came from the tried and true savorysweetlife.com, so I knew that it had a good chance of turning out. The kids and I have been snacking on it all day!


I was a little worried when I uncovered it this morning because I didn't turn the dough in the bowl and my towel had dried, so there was a crust of sorts on the top of the dough. I did my best to mix it in with a little bit of flour, but I didn't want to work the dough too much (not that I have any idea how it affect it; I'm just lazy!)



In spite of that, it still turned out great! Still not a very dark bread...certainly not as dark as hers turned out, but I've decided there's a good chance that is a result of my oven. I also think that it would have turned out even better if I'd been able to make it in my Le Creuset dutch oven...everything turns out better in that! Hmm...think it would survive the trip back in my suitcase?!


Anyway, I highly recommend this recipe. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to tell you about my other baking ventures today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...