Monday, May 16, 2011

Food Stuffs

The first several years in our house, I was the one in charge of grocery shopping, and I was always trying to build up a small pantry. It drove Eric crazy that instead of buying just the two cans of chicken broth that I needed for the week, I would throw in an extra one “just in case”. About a year ago, he took over the grocery shopping. Strangely, he also started stock-piling. He has managed to completely fill our cabinets in the garage with rice, pasta, sauces, canned vegetables, fruits, and beans! We have been working on cleaning them out ever since we find out we are moving, but I think we’re still going to have chili twice a week for the next month to get rid of all of those kidney beans!! So, if you’re in need of something, stop at our house before you head to the store!
We also learned this week that seasonings can be very difficult to find in Korea, so we are planning on taking some Italian seasonings and Mexican seasonings with us because we tend to rely on those. We also decided that a waffle maker will make life easier for the kids. I don't think they go a week without eating waffles right now, and I think they're going to have a hard time transitioning to rice for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...